View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 10:41 AM   #7
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
She will probably not be used for anything more than a dd to keep mileage off of something else. Beyond her unmentioned body and interior problems, she also randomly develops a hard tick on startup. It usually only happens when it is cold and/or has not been given a lot of recovery time after being driven hard for an extended period of time, also if you give it a few seconds, shut it off, then restart it, then it goes away and doesn't come back for a while (before yesterday last occurance was around 3 months and 4k miles ago. As i was in a rush everywhere I went there were a lot of high rpm take offs. Sunday night I also don't think she enjoyed our trip down the interstate as going 85 into the wind she was pulling a minimum of 3300 rpm and a max sustained of 4800 rpm on 2 different 1-2 mile long hills. The interstate portion of the trip was roughly 120 miles, so it was quite a while of running hard (because of family issues left late and still didn't make it back until midnight and had class at 8). I am happy with how well she has done because she has been driven hard her entire life, so while I know the eco is a strong motor, and while I am all but certain she will make it to 200k miles, for me to be able to justify fixing all the body and everything I need to be able to guarantee at least 250k because if I put the money there I won't have it when I need to get another alero. I am hoping things will be in order this summer to where if the one I want in georgia is still there I can go get it.
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote