Thread: Headunit????
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2015, 05:17 AM   #12
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley olds View Post
As with everything, I am sure all the companies you mentioned, including Pioneer, make higher end products.

Pioneer has their Premier line
Kenwood has their Excelon line
and Alpine, I am not really sure of, but I have always heard they make good head units.

Anyways, with a product that may last as long as a head unit could, I would just go with the higher end stuff.

Alpine doesn't really have a "higher end" line because Alpine is supposed to be high end period. They only make one or two low end products that slot around the $100-$120 mark. Their head units are based around sound settings. For example, you have your standard 7 band EQ and on top of that you can tweak each pair, block frequencies to each pair, etc. I know others will say "yeah but everyone else does too" but Alpine's menu for it is set up to access it very easily and does have features like the MX setting and other odd ends that fine tune the clarity and volume of the output.

BTW, if you're really wondering, Alpine's most expensive stuff was called "F1 Status". That has been superseded by "perfect fit", custom units that are made for specific cars.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote