View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 11:10 AM   #14
aroundincircles
GX Member

aroundincircles is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy View Post
The question is, does the temps raise as u sit and idle or slow traffic.
Does it cool down once u hit the freeway and cruise down with 55?

Even here in Germany, I have severe issues with heavy city traffic and the never ending stop and go.

Take a really close and good look at the corners of the lower intake manifold where it meets the heads. Also take a general good look at the valley between, there might be traces of coolant.
The whole cooling system of the Alero is under pressure, even the tank on right side. If the system can not reach its pressure, due to a leak, the temps will rise.

For me a flush of the cooling system and a good Victor Reinz Manifold gasket set helped for the last years. BUT now with the traffic and slower speeds, it is back at heat issues. Which calm down as soon as I can cruise along for more than 20 min with above 55mph speeds.

I assume you have the AC running the whole time?

It seems to be fine at the lights/slower traffic. It doesn't like the higher revs of driving faster. So if I go 55-65, it is ok, if I go 65-75, temps go up, and only start to go back down after a long slower drive. I checked around, and found no leaks at all, before I even replaced the t-stat. (that way if I caused a leak with replacing the t-stat I would know it was my fault).

yes, at 110* outside, I run the A/C. I go to end user sites often, and I cannot be sweaty/stinky. but turning off the a/c doesn't seem to make a difference unless i turn on the heat.
aroundincircles is offline   Reply With Quote