View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 12:36 PM   #15
falloutboy
GL Member

falloutboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundincircles View Post
It seems to be fine at the lights/slower traffic. It doesn't like the higher revs of driving faster. So if I go 55-65, it is ok, if I go 65-75, temps go up, and only start to go back down after a long slower drive. I checked around, and found no leaks at all, before I even replaced the t-stat. (that way if I caused a leak with replacing the t-stat I would know it was my fault).

yes, at 110* outside, I run the A/C. I go to end user sites often, and I cannot be sweaty/stinky. but turning off the a/c doesn't seem to make a difference unless i turn on the heat.

Ok, so the fans seems to be ok, as these provide the cooling in slow speed traffic (city, stop & go).
If it get hot while faster driving, it points a bit towards the radiator or airflow itself. For higher speeds fans are irrelevant and even get bypassed by flaps in the shroud (on some cars).
What we could do is check temps at the radiator inlet and outlet, under different conditions.

Something else you could check, if it really holds the pressure for a day or so. Pressure rating is on the cap, just keep it a tad below and see if it gets less after a day, as it could also leak into the cylinders slightly.
1979 350SB Chevrolet Camaro Project Thread
1995 Chrysler Stratus LX
1999 3.4L Oldsmobile Alero (resource page)
2002 Nissan Primera with CVT
falloutboy is offline   Reply With Quote