View Single Post
Old 07-14-2016, 02:43 AM   #7
mrmike
GL Member

mrmike is an unknown quantity at this point
So the next day I went to move it off the street and it wouldn't start! It was obviously electrical and not a dead battery or starter so I spent the day rebuilding and cleaning the ignition, checking fuses and ground wires. Still didn't start and the gas gauge didn't work. I had washed the engine the day I bought it and it was also raining for two days straight so it was very wet and humid out. Today I went to try to figure it out and it started with the first turn of the key. There was only one ground that I didn't touch, the one by the airbox. I had trouble with it on my daily Alero so it might be that.

Anyways, I got it moved and started the tear down and inspection aka automotive archeology!

I found a big piece of the sunroof mechanism that had broken off, most of the missing screws were under the seats and they had changed the fuel pump by cutting through the floor instead of dropping the tank lol. I'll have to fix the hole because I'm sure thats not safe in an accident. You could slide your hand under the seat and touch the gas tank...

Stripped and ripped out the whole interior except for the seats, center console, door cards and carpet. The carpet is gross and was also freshly wet so I will have to see if there is a leak somewhere.

The good news is that almost everything is there and the wiring is 100%! They had installed a headunit but they ran their own wire so a proper install will be easier.

Right now its all stripped down with a fart can on it so I'm resisting the urge to go beat the hell out of it...

Last edited by mrmike : 07-14-2016 at 02:47 AM.
mrmike is offline   Reply With Quote