Thread: Turbo
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2005, 08:17 AM   #62
germ

as for turbo size, it really depends on the kind of power you want to achieve, the PSI you want to run, the rest of your setup.

a t3/t4 hybrid would be "style" i would go with for all applications

as for size, you want something with a 57 trim wheel, at least a 50 a/r COLD, and at least a 60 a/r HOT. if you go with those #'s as the smallest size, it will give you INSTANT spool, but will be working really hard if you like to drive REALLY fast.

my turbo is a 57 trim, 50 a/r cold, 83 a/r hot. i feel that a 70 a/r hot would be a really good match as well. but with my setup, i am at 10psi before 3000 rpms if i got 100% full throttle.

the brand really doesnt matter so much. garrett, air research, turbonetics, etc.... i have a Master Power turbo. its a company from Brazil or some sh*t, lol. they all use the same specs for the housings so it doesnt matter.

make sure to use an oil restrictor valve so you dont push 40+ psi of oil pressure to the turbo, it really only needs a trickle of oil to the oil feed side.

now back to the HP turbo kit. i am sure you got some of the parts allready. there are a lot of people that have about 1/2 the kit sent to them already. they have been waiting for a while for the rest.

i dont think there is one person other than phantom that has a complete kit yet

the kit is nice, but over priced, and i feel that some of the items they say you dont need is crazy, i.e. bigger injectors.

anything over 7 psi is probably gonna max out those injectors into a static mode and then it cant supply sufficiant fuel for the air thats coming in. *unless they have recently gotten smart about that.