Thread: Turbo
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2005, 09:43 AM   #65
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by germ@Mar 30 2005, 07:17 AM
now back to the HP turbo kit. i am sure you got some of the parts allready. there are a lot of people that have about 1/2 the kit sent to them already. they have been waiting for a while for the rest.

i dont think there is one person other than phantom that has a complete kit yet

the kit is nice, but over priced, and i feel that some of the items they say you dont need is crazy, i.e. bigger injectors.

anything over 7 psi is probably gonna max out those injectors into a static mode and then it cant supply sufficiant fuel for the air thats coming in. *unless they have recently gotten smart about that.

Well, i am going to be going way past 7psi, i am shooting for right up there with you in the 12-15psi range or more , we'll see how much of a loan i can get from my bank......anyways, there may be a lost list of people waiting, but i guarantee i am towards the top, i didn't buy the kit from HP, i bought it from a Grand Am guy, he has been waiting for awhile and decided he needed some of the money back, so i bought the kit from him, trust me, i didn't pay the $3500, plus he included in the deal some extra stuff such as injectors/gauges/boost controller/ and misc other small things.....

not trying to start an arguement here, i am just telling some people that aren't as car savvy that kit can be had, i'm lazy and i didn't want to piece a kit togehter, although relatively cheaper, i just wanted to start with the base kit

either way, thank you for the info you have provided, i'm sure your turbo information has helped many people that have been reading these posts already....

one of the mods from this section maybe want to cut out the crap from this thread and sticky it as a turbo info page.........Thanx, Kyle