View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #4
Newlin
GX Member

Newlin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.graham52 View Post
if you dont know when the last time your plugs and wires have been done then go ahead and do them.

I'm pretty clueless as to when the plugs were changed last so I'll be sure and do that. I'm not too mechanically inclined but what wires do I change along with that?

Quote:
cai/wai. had both. buy the cai and you can easily convert it to wai. i live in main and durring the winter the cai was a POS and killed gas millage but i had power hahhaa. i run the wai for better millage (think of this: you get warming air into the engine (thinner air) and it requires less fuel to burn. get colder air into the engine (denser air) and it will require more fuel to burn resulting in less millage).

It sounds like I'm after a WAI then, I'll take efficiency over power most days.

Quote:
msd coils might help your engine be more efficent if you can get them for the eco???? i have an LA1 so i dontrealy pay attention to the 4bangers. need any help just keep posting. feel free to pm me with questions.

Thanks! And I have no idea what the coils are but doing a little Googling it sounds like they might be internal on the ecotec.
Newlin is offline   Reply With Quote