Thread: Hit a dear :(
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 06:05 PM   #27
That01Olds
GLS member

That01Olds is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisdad View Post
Kenny just had to go and ruin our fun! Maybe we should start a new topic. Just call it "bitch bitch bitch" so we can have people go at it there and just bring the popcorn.

I know right lol and maybe we should. I don't see how anything could go wrong by doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
The guy knows his stuff. He is an asset to the board IMHO. It's understandable that since he's so experienced in that line of work that when people want to go a different way or "the wrong way" it's like taking his advice and saying "eff you" but when your on the interent, you have to be ready for other ideas, if they are right, wrong, or different

Never said he didn't know his stuff, but just cause he knows what he's doing and has been doing it for 20+ years doesn't mean he has to be negative and disrespectful to other members about what they're doing with their own cars all the time. Back when I first joined this site at least from what I remember he was a decent dude willing to help and give actual good advice to other members when they had bodywork questions.

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong or thinking of someone else though and he's just always been like that, but now he's resorted to charging other members of this site via Paypal for his "professional advice." Seriously? If another member is going to charge me for advice on something then I'm not going to ask that member. I'll ask other members or someone else who knows the line of work and can answer my questions if I have any. It's not like he's the only guy in bodywork that knows how to do the job. Heck the majority of body shops that I know of give you a FREE estimate when you need work done. I mean there are plenty of other people willing to help and give advice if he doesn't want to anymore and that's fine cause he doesn't have to.

It's like you said though it's the internet so you have to be ready for the ideas, work, and questions of other people. He just needs to seriously consider the way he approaches other members on the forum with his responses. I get that he's used to the way he does things at work, but he's not at work when he's posting on here so he needs to be able to differentiate that or just not say anything at all if he can't do so.
2005 Mazda6 S Wagon 3.0L V6 (MZI) (Sold).
2013 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan 2.0L I4 (Skyactiv-G) (Sold).
2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 2.2L I4 (LE8) (Sold).
1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 3.5L Twin Cam V6 (LX5) (Sold).
2001 Oldsmobile Alero GL 2.4L (LD9) (Sold).
That01Olds is offline   Reply With Quote