View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 04:18 PM   #9
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
RWD cars don't have less wiring, unless it's an old motor with no PCM or ECU.

A FWD car usually has to be pulled out from the bottom and with the engine sitting on top of the tranny, etc, etc, but FWD cars have been out since about 1980 so it's not like it's "new" anymore.

My mech told me that he could get me a new (or remanfactored) 3400 long block, direct from GM for $1100, and put on all my top end stuff (including a new cam ) and put in back in the car. Total cost would be $2500. Personally, I don't think that's bad.

He's probably do it like the Delta's tranny. He's use the job as "filler" He could have rebuilt the tranny in one day, but it took him 3 weeks, because he only did it when the shop was slow. I received a reduced labor rate becasue of that

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote