View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 05:56 PM   #5
Alerodriver17
GX Member

Alerodriver17 is on a distinguished road
Well, this is my new problem. Went out to run an errand in what I thought was my now working, nice sounding (but not smelling) Alero. The car got all the way up to what I recognized as normal operating temperature. And every single time the engine tried to come to an idle, the RPMs bounced and then the car would die. I had to be quick to throw the trans in neutral, start it up then back in drive before it died again. I took a video but its very fast because I was at a stop sign with people waiting behind me (how embarrassing). I mean every single time that I came to a stop, the RPMs bounced then the car died. I even tried putting it in neutral and coasting to a stop but it still done the exact same thing. This is without the AC on so as to have little load on the engine. This morning I pulled the throttle body and cleaned both it and the IAC valve. They were both pretty dirty, but they cleaned up pretty well. Is it normal for the IAC to only move a very little amount? But anyways cleaning the IAC seemed to make very little difference.

Here's a link to the video: https://youtu.be/nBxImZ5RR88
Alerodriver17 is offline   Reply With Quote