View Single Post
Old 11-18-2003, 04:01 PM   #1
havik

>> B & M Racing site <<

Quote:
Does anyone know if the 2.4liter sunfire or 2.4 liter cavalier B&M short shifter will work on my alero??? I think it will but i'm not sure. I don't know if that many people have a manual trans but i figured someone has to know in here. Thanks

Quote:
I'm not sure if the Cav or Sun F sifter will work, but I know u have to remove your stock Alero shifter from undoing the screw in the side. it might be hard to find but u'll get it eventually. Hey there's no harm in trying right. just ask for a test drive and take the shifter and try it out, lol

Quote:
I've got the 2.4L manual with the B&M shifter and it goes in with no modifications necessary. So go nuts!

Quote:
Sweet man thanks a lot. How is it??? Is it worth the money???

Quote:
Well springs is selling them for $157 shipped I think. You'd have to ask him to make sure. Is it worth it? Well it definately looks cool but I don't think it really adds any sort of performance edge.

Quote:
how much does it shorten the throws?

Quote:
I'd say the B&M is about 2"-2 1/2" shorter than the stocker.

Check out this site for my installation.

http://velocity.kicks-ass.org/shifter/

Quote:
shortening the throws is the plus. if you can cahnge gears faster than you can be on the gas longer, remember drag racing goes to .001 of a second so every advantage helps