Thread: Racing
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2004, 09:29 AM   #23
MikeSS
V.I.P. Member

MikeSS is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Someone posted the block weight differences between the 3400 and the ECOTEC... (final reality?) I searched and couldn't find the exact numbers but it was in the 100's of pounds. Plus a manual tranny is lighter than an auto. I'm not sure why the curb weights are listed at a 58lb difference to tell you the truth.

Yeah, I know. But '03 GX coupe is listed at 2888lbs, the GLS 4-Door was over 3100LBS, out of the facotry, and I only got two options (15' rims, power drivers seat) which didn't add much weight if any. Plus losing the stock exhaust saves a bit of weight. And loses aal of that fender well stock air box crap probably saved some weight which I just gained back with the CAI.

Quote:
Interesting. That said, I gotta think a 4 banger would be the car to have, IF the aftermarket support was better... The 4's make almost as much power as the 3.4's stock

It's coming.......slowly.... <_<

Quote:
until your stuck in rush hour traffic going up a hill, then you wish you had an auto again Although the workout my left leg gets in these cases is very beneficial.

LOL!!!! You must be an urban commuter too. Man, driving from the Burbs into Toronto and back everyday in rush hour traffic is not fun.....I'll get lazy and not want to shift, so I am just cruising in traffic at 25MPH on the highway in 2nd gear while everyone gives me dirty looks for the noise coming from the exhaust/high RPM combo.
1996 Camaro Y87 - Gone
2003 Alero 2.2L GX 5-Spd - 15.21 @ 88.21 - Gone
MikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote