Thread: Racing
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2004, 05:37 PM   #38
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Daytona is on a distinguished road
With what he did to that, I can get a 3.4 liter engine (a 305 cu in. in American terms) that'll smoke that motor. I don't see many Civics and Aleros running with that F1/Indy motor you show there. Know what is in several of the 8- and 9-second dragsters at my track? A 305 small block Chevy motor. It's been bored out and such but they all started as the same 305 that was originally in my Camaro.

I can get an 8-to-1 compression engine running relatively stock internals in a 305 and a similar 8:1 in a 350 and guess what? The 350 will win all the time (all else being equal with the cars).

Do the same "enhancement" to both a small engine and a big one and the bigger engine will win every time hands down. No need to fear technology. That Indy-type racer you show there is not a stock motor at all. It may not have add-ons like a blower or nitrous, but it's far from what you'd call a stock engine. Make the same upgrades to a 350 and you get? = a NASCAR Cup Car. Make the Cup Car as light as the Indy car and all the Indy car will see of the Cup car is its taillights.
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote