View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 07:53 PM   #13
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
Basicly, it's to save money. Why put a more expensive 4T65 tranny in a car that is only programed to run at 170 HP / 200 Ft Lbs and pull a car around that weighs in at 3500 lbs (loaded up) max

I had a Cougar with that engine also. piece of shit. Blew the motor at 92,000 miles, the replacement had 65,000 miles on it, which blew a week after it was dropped in, with another motor with 50,000 miles on it, which was getting ready to blow 11 months later

That's why Ford is slightly better than GM. The Probe was going to be the new FWD Mustang. A peition was signed by over 250,000 thousand people. Ford LISTENED, and didn't brand that Mazda a Ford Mustang. How much money did Ford get in the bailout, oh that right ZERO!

Eric, you're a good kid, but you got to drop this ricer mindset. So the 3400 is also used in a minivan, so it's not fast? What? You really remind me of those people that have the "SBC" frame of mind and call the Olds motors junk and can't figure out why the timing is 20*

The 350Z has a 3.5 liter V6 engine, the same engine that is in the Infinti G35, the Maxima (which is a family sedan) and o yeah, the Quest. Last time I checked the Quest is a minivan. So I guess that means that the 350Z and the G35 can be made fast.

The 3400 motor was used in a lot of GM cars and vans in the early 00's and the design of the motor has been around since 1980. My 1991 GMC work truck I drove (was owned by the company) back in 1996-1998 had a 2.8 V6 60* V6 with a 5 speed manual tranny. That truck was FAST. Go on Summit Racing and see how many "go-fast" parts there are for that engine, including the one in mom's minivan.

Let's turn to Honda for a second. Which motor is in the Accord V6? Check under the hood of an Oddessy and find out

Yea a odessy has a j35 however the j35 in and acura tl makes 305 hp?

And those motors are detuned in the minivan. But make close to 300 hp in the 350 and g35.

Our motors are the same shit in everything. So your logic fails.

Our motors aren't slow because they are in minivans, they are slow because they are slow.

Last edited by xXManwhoreXx : 10-10-2011 at 07:56 PM.
xXManwhoreXx is offline   Reply With Quote