View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 02:41 PM   #28
dbailey
GL Member

dbailey is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeap it would be nice if someone could summarize it if that is possible. I do know that the axle nuts have been revised and the mounting bolts have been too based on a TSB I think it is. Thought I got that from somewhere on here but don't recall where. The dealers sell 'em. I am taking mine to the dealer in the morning to have them run a diagnostics on it and that will tell what it is that is lighting up the instrument panel with those annoying idiot lights. The service guy told me that GM has come out with some sort of jumper harness that addresses one of the causes that the idiot lights come on and that it is not always the hub going bad that causes them to come on. The hub going bad typically puts off a grinding or growling sound indicating the bearing going bad. The lights going off in my opinion and I think they agree is more of an electrical issue with sensors or wires breaking down and either shorting out or something along those lines. If it is sensors, I think they are an integral part of the hub so ya gotta replace the hub to replace the sensor(s). Will post the results of my endeavour with the dealer tomorrow.
dbailey is offline   Reply With Quote