View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 03:17 PM   #8
G.I.Ceo
GX Member

G.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
I would think an engine ground is better, but a soild ground to the frame (or frame rail in a unibody) would be just as good

Maybe it's those batteries, IDK

What part of the engine would be a good place to put the ground?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZFire316 View Post
could also check the charging system, I see you say its showing 14.1V which is right around where it should be but I wouldnt rule it out entirely.
Yeah I am also wondering if it is the alternator putting out false readings and causing the battery to overcharge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.graham52 View Post
what do you have for aftermarket equipment hooked to the battery (such as an amp) that might becausing a short to ground. also... your saying you never got the original ground to work properly and just replaced with with a bigger cable? taht only be hiding your issue.
I have nothing attached to the battery as far as after market stuff goes.

Garrett GT35 / Turbo Headers / 2.5" high flow DP / 60lb Injectors / Custom SLP Exhaust / Ported 3500 Heads / Ported 3500 UIM/LIM / 65mm TB / Turbonetics Evolution WG / Greddy Type-RS BOV / Casper Adjustable FPR / Casper High Speed Fan Switch / Speedbuilt F/R STB's / Next Level F/R Sway bars / Eibach Springs / Dual Gauge Pod with Aeroforce Gauges / Big Four Upgrade / HP Tuners and more!

"Living is doing everything you want to do and dying is everything else"
G.I.Ceo is offline   Reply With Quote