Thread: Short Tracing
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 02:52 PM   #53
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
^i'm just talking about the clear plastic piece, not the whole fuse box. but if i have to do that, i suppose i could do that too.
I mean it all depends on how involved your trying to get I wouldn't take the whole fuse box out I don't think its necessary. Don't forget to keep track of what wires you test, and measure you continuity from the wire on the side that goes towards the lights to ground. Not saying you didn't know that already but letting you know. Also there is no need to cut every so few feet if you start at the harness on the passenger side, cause that takes care of the whole leg you are testing

...for example if you cut the wire or if possible pull from the fuse block F7 and test to ground then you have just tested everything in that leg which in this example is the Transaxle shift indicator light. Cherry once you find the short I would test another gray wire before fixing it to ensure it is only one short, and that it indeed cleared the curcuit.