Thread: Short Tracing
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 05:49 PM   #56
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
So let me make sure I understand. From looking at the picture the top wires appear to be coming from the fuse block and the ones at the bottom seem to be running to the lights. Are you saying that the wires at the bottom are still shorted? You could pull the fuses and test from fuse the the end of the suspected wires if it is still shorted that would point to the fuse box, that's if the top wires run to the fuse box and thats what tested as a short. Sorry I'm simple but if the wires that you have at the bottom there are the light wires the only way they could short is if the bulb has shorted or the insulation was melted off. I also think one of those wires could have been the the dimmer module wire.......

you know what it doesn't make sense. looking athe picture did you test the top wires from there to chasis ground, and did you test the bottom wires from there to chasis ground?

Last edited by lonnie : 06-27-2008 at 06:26 PM.
lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote