Thread: Short Tracing
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 06:44 PM   #57
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Ok I just went to my car and first thing I noticed is that I only have 7 wires not nine. Second there is a ground spice pack in the upper left corner of the fuse panel and another under the carpet on the floor pan just before the b pillar. Any test in reference to ground I would make from either of those two points. Third the wires from the fuse block run up under the seat and possiblely back up front which I still think is the light side. There is a harnes wrapped in black cloth tape in the upper left side of the panel as well but it tucked pretty good so it doesn't stand out. Now Test each wire, and I hope you know where they go, but anyway test from the bottom room of each wire to the screw holding down either one of the splice packs..this will give you the best known ground, and see if they are still shorted, also what kind of meter do you have is it a DMM or anolog and are you using the tone to check?