View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 11:31 PM   #1
smlzalero
where my knickers at?

smlzalero is an unknown quantity at this point
I've been meaning to do this for a while and finally got around to it so I figured I'd snap some pics and put up a how-to since nobody's bothered to yet

I got gutter-cover mesh in 3 foot pieces from ACE. This whole mod cost me under $10.

1. Cut pieces of mesh to fit in behind the holes in the bumper. To do this I eyeballed to get the length and then just snipped corners off until the piece fit enough to cover the hole.

2. it helped me to fit the pieces if I bent the top of the mesh forward before putting it in

3. once you have a good fit, put the mesh between the fog light and the bumper.

4. once the mesh is in and it's covering the entire hole, i snipped the mesh to go around this piece so it would sit flush.

5. It's a surprisingly snug fit in front of the fogs so I just bent the edges of the mesh around the inside of the bumper and I didn't use any glue or silicone.
it doesn't look bent in this pic, though

6. For the center piece I snipped the mesh to fit around the 2 parts of the center hole that stick in towards the radiator.

7. Then I folded the extra (I should have cut this piece a little shorter, but I wanted to be safe) around the back of the hole.

8. Then I applied liquid nails project glue to the mesh AND plastic of the bumper.

hey look, I've got some crap on my radiator, lol

9. That's pretty much it. Just make sure you trim & position the mesh so that it's straight and the pattern of the holes line up all the way across so you have a uniform look.

Finished pics:

--UPDATE-- Have 6 months to start paying!
smlzalero is offline   Reply With Quote