Thread: Lost my chimes
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 02:45 PM   #17
Laurens gls
GX Member

Laurens gls is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
Well have you checked that the Audio output is at a reasonable level. It says in the instructions that if you have a HU that has high voltage outputs that you need to adjust the output level on the GMOS to around 2volts or it will cause distortion if you have a factory amp.

Just from reading what you wrote and the directions on the GMOS it appears that the chimes are being feed throught the RCA's on the GMOS, and if you don't have those hooked up then that could be where the problem is. I doesn't appear to be any audio from the head unit being sent through the unit itself unless you use the RCA's or the Metra Line Converter. If you are truly not using rca's then you have to be using a line output converter, and it may very well be the wrong one. Just my opinion from what I have seen posted above.

Yeah the rca's from the head unit all go to the fosgate amp's that feed all speakers, guess the gmos is for aftermarket head unit to factory sound system. I may try plugging the monssoon amp back in and attach a speaker to the factory wiring in the left door see if my chimes are there.
Laurens gls is offline   Reply With Quote