View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #41
crankycowboy
GX Member

crankycowboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroB888 View Post
Did you use the original throttle body, upper intake, and same type gasket? If not, it is possible the flange opening for the IAC got accidently obstructed.

You may have a couple turns of adjustment possible on the screw before it goes out of spec (more than zero degrees). There is also a TPS relearn, iirc., but not usually needed.

Compare the two throttle body blades (does either or both have a hole drilled?), and are the mounting flanges the same?

The return spring on the throttle body is stronger and overrides the gas pedal return spring. The car should idle even with the cable off.

I don't think it's anything you caused, but looks difficult to adjust in the stock location. Can you get a flat feeler gauge to prop open the set screw slightly, while checking the TPS readout?

I did use the original upper intake; however, I believe the throttle body was "gummed" up more on the original so I compared the two and didn't notice any differences and swapped them and cleaned up the latter...but I could be wrong. I happen to have the one not on the car with me, and it does have a hole in the blade, but I will have to wait until I'm home to check the other. Like I said, the IAC valve moves in and out when I turn on/off the ignition, so shouldn't that take care of all of this as long as it's not sticking and it's working properly? I feel a lot better, and I'm obviously getting closer....but still a few "hiccups" especially if it SHOULD be able to run without the cable. I will certainly have to compare the throttle bodies as you suggest. The gaskets were indeed the same, and a new one came with the complete gasket kit I purchased.

Last edited by crankycowboy : 05-23-2012 at 01:26 PM.
crankycowboy is offline   Reply With Quote