View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 08:32 PM   #43
crankycowboy
GX Member

crankycowboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroB888 View Post
Did you use the original throttle body, upper intake, and same type gasket? If not, it is possible the flange opening for the IAC got accidently obstructed.

You may have a couple turns of adjustment possible on the screw before it goes out of spec (more than zero degrees). There is also a TPS relearn, iirc., but not usually needed.

Compare the two throttle body blades (does either or both have a hole drilled?), and are the mounting flanges the same?

The return spring on the throttle body is stronger and overrides the gas pedal return spring. The car should idle even with the cable off.

I don't think it's anything you caused, but looks difficult to adjust in the stock location. Can you get a flat feeler gauge to prop open the set screw slightly, while checking the TPS readout?

AleroB888, well this just gets more and more fun. I got home and was able to check. The two throttle bodies are indeed different. I didn't remove the one currently on the car, but I pulled the breather box boot away and the throttle plate on the car is a solid plate while the one I have (which I believe is the one previously on the car) has a hole drilled through it as you mentioned some do. Could these slight differences be the cause of my issue? Yes, I know...there is one way to find out, but was looking for input.
crankycowboy is offline   Reply With Quote