View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 08:49 PM   #45
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankycowboy View Post
AleroB888, well this just gets more and more fun. I got home and was able to check. The two throttle bodies are indeed different. I didn't remove the one currently on the car, but I pulled the breather box boot away and the throttle plate on the car is a solid plate while the one I have (which I believe is the one previously on the car) has a hole drilled through it as you mentioned some do. Could these slight differences be the cause of my issue? Yes, I know...there is one way to find out, but was looking for input.

That hole in the plate will affect it, also check the throttle body flange at the IAC opening, some TB versions have no cutout for it on the flange.

You can just swap the plates with it on the car iirc, but I would take the whole unit off and inspect it.