View Single Post
Old 07-21-2023, 11:15 PM   #71
dbral
GX Member

dbral is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I can't tell you how sick this whole thing makes me. Now we know why aftermarket performance shops have such a bad rep - it's because of things like this. I wish I could help you out, but I doubt I'd be able to get any movement for you.

Thanks for the concern and yeah, there is nothing that anyone can do to help out those in this situation, esp. because it technically is the customers fault too for being trusting/foolish/caught up in the moment. You guys tried to warn me and i did not listen, so i understand why people fall for this scam. Let's face it, we could have spent way less $ on other cars for at least X2 the performance and value but we don't...mostly because we still love these cars and want something different. Money really does not factor in.

Maybe the best help possible is to spread the word and ask people to protect themselves and research before pulling the trigger on parts.

Still think it is funny that ion's 4cyl single turbo makes almost twice the HP of milty motors twin turbo v-6 crazy-high dollar / 7 year long build. Well, funny but not surprising......Guessing that the customer does not find it funny though

There are still good shops out there thankfully and even the best ones make mistakes.....but part of what makes them the best is that they own up to it and keep you informed too.....and actually send you what you paid for.

Last edited by dbral : 07-21-2023 at 11:25 PM.
dbral is offline   Reply With Quote