View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 06:39 PM   #1
spyder_013
GX Member

spyder_013 is on a distinguished road
Subs and Trunk Rattle

So, I finally "finished" my sound system in my car. (I am never finished, I always keep changing and adding, lol). I put 2 12" Pioneer 150W RMS subs (with an oldschool Bandpass enclosure) in and a Kenwood KAC-8452 Amp in. The amp slightly overpowers the subs (I think its 180W per channel, RMS).

My problem is, my trunk rattles, even when the music is moderately quiet, it gets vibrations (I can live with those). But when I really crank the bass/music especially with Dr. Dre and some bassy Metallica stuff, my trunk rattles almost louder than my bass, lol.

I am thinking about putting Dynamat in, but just doing the trunk door vs. the whole trunk, to save money and I know the trunk door is the only thing making the annoying rattle. I found that that plate (the one that holds the license plate and license plate light on) is one of the main causes, I insulated it with some towels and electrical tape and it decreased the rattle a lot.

So, I suppose my question is, anyone have any experience with this? Anyone used Dynamat or a competitor?