View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 03:26 AM   #3
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
More CCA doesn't necessarily hurt you at all. I bought my Cutlass Supreme with a truck battery. That definitely had more CCA than what the car called for.

Those climate controls usually mess up for no logical reason. Happened to me twice in 2 cars. You might have to change it, worst comes to worse but I would try to check the electrical wiring of the climate control and the vacuum lines. If I'm not mistaken, these cars have electromechanical climate controls. Usually the speeds and rear defrost are electrical but the temperature and position are mechanical. I don't have my Grand AM anymore (the Alero's twin) so I can't verify for sure, but these were lower end cars, so they weren't fully electric.

Another thing to check is whether or not the knob is broken from the inside. May sound dumb, but it can happen, although the know may just come off. It's not always the case though so it's something simple to check.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote