View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 10:41 PM   #12
906Chase
GX Member

906Chase is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzyzzx View Post
How many miles are on the car?

125k. Owned since brand new. Always maintained too and did the regular wheel bearings, oil changes, all fluids, air filter, brakes, seafoam once a year after 100k (twice now), plugs/wires, etc. Has had two diff. remote start systems in the car and the one that is in it now was put in because of an "issue" with the last one (it's been in for about 3 years now and this last winter was the first time it has sat outside instead of garage when parked. I had the security issues a total of 3 times about 5 months ago now and they were consistently a day apart. About two weeks after that, my low coolant light came on so I figured I'd drain the old coolant and put new in (it was maybe 1/4 gallon low if that), and then about 2 months ago the low oil light came on when it was only 1/2 qt low.

Idk if these were signs that the remote start was starting to take its toll on the BCM or what? But I am done messing with it (I thought about doing the security bypass on it but I didn't want to try that before it was up and running solid again). I cannot get it in to a GM tech until next friday so I guess I am going to have to wait for a 100% diagnosis until then. Unless someone has some suggestion that just pops off the screen and says DUH! haha

I figure since it needs a CASE relearn anyway from changing the CPS I'd wait until it goes in anyways.

2003 Olds Alero GLS 3.4L, Custom K&N Cold Air w/Bypass, Vinyl smoked corners/tails, JL Audio
906Chase is offline   Reply With Quote