View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 01:24 AM   #6
jwateland
GX Member

jwateland is on a distinguished road
yeah i used the tap splices that came with it. and when i first test drove it it wasn't working. so with the hot a** engine (cause i was short on time) i remo;ved the splices only to find that they didn't break through the insulation. so i fixed that and it worked great for a while. but i talked to someone else that ran into problems with the connections. so i took thier advise and i soldered them. i test drove that thing all over and it works great! but we'll see how it goes. if anything changes i'll sure to let you guys know.

FYI: B & M shift plus shift kit

triple check to make sure you are connecting to the correct wiring. there are a few blue wires with white lines and the same for the red wire with a black line. there is a good step by step with pics thread name: Installing B&m Shiftplus On 4t40 the plug wires are the same for both 2.4 and 3.4. then triple check your connections the tap splices that are supplied may not bite through the insulation. for a 100% fale safe remove a little of the insulation on the plug wires ( i actually utilized the teeth on the tap splice to help cut through parts of the insulation) and solder the wires. even just the 5 dollar pen shaped solder tool from wal-mart actually works very well for this application (it's what i used)
jwateland is offline   Reply With Quote