View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 02:35 AM   #70
Goodman
GX Member

Goodman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1m View Post
EZouts are great but i dont think it is a smart idea to attempt anything while the head is on the car. if you get shavings in your cylinder you will ruin it, end of story. you come to us asking for advise and we give it. if you want to try and crazy glue a wooden stick to a rope with a piece of chewing gum at the end to fix your problems then go for it. if you want to do it right and tear down to the block and do a complete engine overhaul and have your engine last another few years then i would start listening to the people in this thread and stop listening to yahoo answers or where ever you are getting these retarded scenarios.

I agree fully

Quote:
Originally Posted by spc2125 View Post
are you a mechanic? (serious question)

Because I asked a mechanic today and he said the loose shaving are the least of the troubles. and no matter if i had the head in the car or on my kitchen table, that I would have to do the same thing.
And if i wanted to take off the head, it would cost more than the car is worth

Man! it's not that hard & it wont cost you much if you remove the head on your own & bring it to a shop to fix it but do not bring it to the "bozo" guy that gives you those answers take your head somewhere else (other garage...)

If your not to sure on how to remove the head by yourself just get the infos you need buy a haynes book or something , take note on everything you get out so you wont have problems put it back together , take some pictures or video if you have to & take your time , you should be able to do it on your own + we are all here to help you out (others more then me)

Next time don't over tighten your spark plugs 1/4 turn max.

Last edited by Goodman : 04-08-2012 at 04:22 AM.
Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote