View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 02:05 PM   #75
spc2125
GLS member

spc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawa View Post
shouldnt have to drain the oil before you pull the head, but definitely change it soon after you get it all back together, and you have a timing belt, you should be able to remove the timing belt cover and there is a timing belt tension device, just move the tension device to relive the tension on the belt and its off. i have the la1 and i had to change my heads, i did it in 8 hours in a advanced auto parking lot in Florida, just invest in a good torque wrench, and clean the head and block mating surfaces really good

I have a timing chain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1m View Post
dude....i said how many times TAKE IT TO A SHOP. if you have to ask all these stupid questions over and over:
1. i doubt you have the proper tools
2. i doubt you have the proper skills/patience to get this done correctly.

if you want to stick a drill bit into your cylinder and score up the walls then go ahead...see how long your engine lasts.

you said that there is orange liquid leaking out of the block. i already told you its your coolant (DEX-COOL)

why would it be leaking from the block? bad gasket.

know what that means? rip the engine down to the block and do an overhaul with new gaskets and head bolts....or don't. see how long the engine lasts when its leaking/mixing/burning coolant and oil.

done.

And yes i know.....

Im planning on taking the head off and bringing it to a shop, or worst case i buy a used head from a guy on ecotecforum.com

But one i take the head off and have it machined, then ill change all the gaskets and put in new head bolts.
Check out my alero!
Aleromod Showcase Video
spc2125 is offline   Reply With Quote