View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 06:59 PM   #8
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley olds View Post
Is the output too low or would it be too hard to set them up? As for removing my subs, I do want trunk space, but I don't really want to go sub- less.

Interesting Idea. I will probably have a look at those.

I know many may not like this idea, but have you thought about the Solo Baric line from kicker? It's a square sub so it can be smaller and yet have the same punch as 2 subs from the size over.

I bought a 10" Kicker Solo Baric L3 in an enclosed housing for my Camaro. Fits right into the little hole in the hatch area. With the right amp, I've had people tell me they thought I had 2 12"s in the back. The L3 was discontinued and replaced by the L7 for right now, so you would have to get the L7. It's more powerful than the L3 though.

They're truck enclosures, but you could also get 2 10" subs and make something to mount them on the sides of the trunk, like so.

These square subs don't really require much space in the box BUT you would sacrifice sound quality in favor of sound pressure. In other words, these subs can get really loud with a small design and a small enclosure BUT your frequencies will muddle. This to me isn't a big issue since I listen to a lot of rap, so it doesn't affect me since bass tones tend to be very basic in that genre, BUT if you listen to a lot of rock, you may notice a difference. This is why I started this post with "many may not like the idea". I've heard a lot of people don't like these for certain genre's of music, usually older music.

The bottom of the Kicker provided enclosure is 14" btw. You could easily line em up with the back seat and have about 85% of trunk space left.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote