View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 12:25 AM   #10
Valley olds
GLS member

Valley olds is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
AleroB888: Do you need all the trunkspace, or would an enclosure work that is half the size of the one you have now?

Pretty much, I just want to get the most out of my current trunk space. So rather than have two subs, maybe lower it to one and in a smaller enclosure. I do not really care if it is a bit less loud than it is now, as long as I do have some bass.

Quote:
Nas Escobar: I know many may not like this idea, but have you thought about the Solo Baric line from kicker? It's a square sub so it can be smaller and yet have the same punch as 2 subs from the size over.

I bought a 10" Kicker Solo Baric L3 in an enclosed housing for my Camaro. Fits right into the little hole in the hatch area. With the right amp, I've had people tell me they thought I had 2 12"s in the back. The L3 was discontinued and replaced by the L7 for right now, so you would have to get the L7. It's more powerful than the L3 though.

That seems good, but a bit over my current budget. I could maybe pull it off with another sub though. My current setup is just 300wrms @ 4ohms, so if I can pull that off in just one sub, and in a small enclosure, I will be happy.