View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 11:26 AM   #17
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley olds View Post
Pretty much, I just want to get the most out of my current trunk space. So rather than have two subs, maybe lower it to one and in a smaller enclosure. I do not really care if it is a bit less loud than it is now, as long as I do have some bass....

Could try an "isobarik" enclosure using the speakers you have now:

That would reduce the enclosure volume by about 45%. The disadvantages are it reduces available power of the amp by 50%, and you have the output area of only one speaker cone. The sound quality should be much better, but at a lower sound level. The Wikipedia article on the subject appears to be inaccurate, other reliable sources have demonstrated good results in the past.