View Single Post
Old 09-16-2004, 01:24 AM   #1
bjensen83

DIFFICULTY:
TIME:

K, this is a real easy process guys.
Instructions to remove the inner tail lights are about 12 posts down.

Materials needed:
VHT Night Shades <--- tint spray paint
Clear coat paint
600/800/1000/1200 sand paper

1) In the trunk, pull back the carpet covering the back of the tail lights. there's gonna be 3 plastic screws that you have to remove. this can be done by hand.

2) Disconnect all the lights from the housing

3) K, now that we have the housing off the car, we're gonna start sanding it down to get a smooth result. First start with 600 rating sandpaper, then 800, then 1000, You can even go up to 1200 if u want, but it's not necessary.

4) Now that the sanding is done, we apply the tint paint. I personally used VHT Night Shades paint. It's stayed for over 2 years and hasn't faded at all. Remember when working with spray paint, you want to do several LIGHT COATS. Start each spray stroke off the housing and go at an steady pace and distance. If you miss a tiny spot, just add another LIGHT coat and let it dry until you're satisfied with the shade you want.

5) Let the tint paint dry. I let the paint dry for 24 hours before i applied the clear coat. for the clearcoat paint, i used DupliColor's clear coat paint, and i'm satisfied with it. Provides a nice gloss to the tail lights.

6) After waiting another 24 hours for the clear coat to dry, it's safe to put it back on the car. Put the housing on the correct side, and hook up the lights again. Each light fits in only one place.

7) Put on the 3 plastic screw things again, and cover it up with the carpet, and voila, you're done.