Thread: Redog v Jackel
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 02:41 PM   #16
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal2000 View Post
its really sad that i cant figure out how to tune my car. i did a scan on the way to the track hitting WOT a couple of times and made some timing changes when i got there. i scanned my first run and still had KR the whole run. on the big end of the track the PCM was pulling over 12* of timing i made more changes but to no effect. good runs ken, you got me.

You need to look for the following things in this order:

1) Octane (tune once for street gas, and a second one for the track).
2) Compression ratio - is yours too high for the octane you're running?
3) Once you have the octane decided on, start adding fuel in the cells you're getting KR hits on.
4) When adding fuel in that cell no longer reduces KR, then start backing the timing off in that range.

Remember, the higher Octane you're running, the more timing you can get away with. That's why I say settle on what fuel you want before making adjustments.

And you're right, VE tune has nothing to do with this particular situation. I know a couple people that are running 13's with stock VE and only doing MAF adjustments.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote