Thread: Newbie here
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 01:59 AM   #14
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
thanks everyone! yes, my car is a '99, 4 door. it's the GL with perfomance package. as for the windows, i didn't take the car doors apart too much to really look into it all but those definitely are not the clips I need. the ones i do look like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grand-Am-199...1e354b&vxp=mtr

I do agree with the antenna thing. Not having one does make it look rather sleek. I have no issues keeping it the way it is, as I said, generally when i have to use the defroster, it's too damn cold out for me to wanna sit in my car anyway.

For the rust converter, i don't know how it supposedly works. here's what i was looking at, has some good reviews, but idk. http://www.gemplers.com/product/1277...Rust-Converter

You said it was the clips that take the window up and down. The clips I posted do exactly that as the way you posted. Those clips you posted are something else, those weren't designed to make a connection between the glass and the regulator, but do serve a function. My advice is to thoroughly inspect the damage and take pics, we'll help you out. If your regulator is messed up, you're better off swapping the whole thing. Those cables can get messed up and will make the window get stuck.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote