View Single Post
Old 05-12-2005, 02:08 AM   #1
1WhiteOSV

Okay....so I am sick of our door panels...they're uglier than crap compared to just about every other car. I had this idea while putting in door speakers into a 2001 Grand Am tonight at work (I'm an installer at Best Buy). Since Alero's and Grand Am's have the SAME doors (handles, locks, and all) as far as the structure goes....shouldn't the door panel of a Grand Am fit right up to the Alero door? I know the switch panels are all different and I havn't paid attention to the actual plugs to see if those are the same but if I had to re-wire something, that's not a problem...that's all I do is work with wiring. By the looks of things though....everything should line up fine. If I can get my hands on some decently priced door panels of a Grand Am...I just might do this. I can't stand the 2 tone tan/gray Alero interior...I want all gray/black. I have a couple friends that have Grand Am GT's and they said they'd let me borrow a door panel to test fit it to see if I wanted. If this doesn't work I will probably just use some Vinyl Dye to dye my doors gray/black. At least they wont be tan..yuck. Oh yea, also the running boards/kick panels are dark gray in the Grand Am's and those are IDENTICAL to the tan ones in the Alero so I will be swapping those out from a GA also.