View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 02:43 PM   #9
Vella's Alero
GL Member

Vella's Alero is on a distinguished road
Hey all...just an update about these tires.

Even though it has been a mild winter here in southern ontario, there has been enough snow to test these on and I must say that they are actually pretty good in the snow. They give really good traction for not being winter tires and I never really had to change my driving haits to adjust for anything like I had to do with my missmatch set that were on my alero at time of purchase.

The only slight downside to these tires would be their ice traction. This is where you would definitely have to change your driving style because the grip really falls off at this point.

final analysis so far:

Summer driving (dry) - 10/10
Summer driving (wet) - 10/10
Winter driving (light and heavy snow) - 8/10
Winter driving (ice) - 5/10

Overall I would definitely recommend these tires for anyone but I will most likely be looking for winter tires for the next season and keep these good for summer for a few more years.

OWN - 1996 Rover 414 - replaced engine with a 1.7TD Isuzu lump and gearbox, Uprated brakes, Custom seats and interior trim, MG ZS 11 spoke wheels, Custom bodywork, Custom LED taillamps, Custom gauge surround to hold 2 52mm gauges (filled with boost and oil pressure gauge)
Vella's Alero is offline   Reply With Quote