View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 06:23 PM   #38
Blktrax
GX Member

Blktrax is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
Nobody's going to knock you for presenting an idea. That's what this forum is about. However, turbo placement is something we've considered very in depth, and there's very few places that one can be mounted for practical daily driving.

I completely understand, the final part of the comment though is what throws me off.

Power vs. Reliability on a long term time-line; Those, of course that have had the experience of grenading a few motors tend to shy away from super high increases of power because reliability becomes a total unknown.

I'm not saying in anyway, that hasn't been considered as well. But what is the expected run time between rebuilds at that kind of level and still maintain sustained drivability.

In regards to the clearance issues, relate all back to the daily driving issue. If the Firewall was modified, in such a way it would intrude on the HVAC. Basicly like clearancing a Small Block car to fit a Big Block and bell housing. Minus the A/C all together, there would be enough room for the second turbo to fit in front of the block down low simmilar to the new Subaru Legacy GT.

As you said however, I'm sure this ball has been tossed around a lot. To me at least looking at the engine bay and the locations, it seems if the charge pipes were oval and just round at their connection points going around the motor on either side would be possible.

Last edited by Blktrax : 11-14-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Blktrax is offline   Reply With Quote