View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 03:37 PM   #35
Ghadsphi
The Drunk

Ghadsphi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattismodderX View Post
agreed. ive had this problem for over 6 months. i dont know how to do it myself nor do i have the $ for the parts .. fail
Ok, I bought the clip at the steelership, $14. Think I dropped $7 on some glue. (glues plastic to glass cool!). Screwdrivers for the doors, socket wretches in the 7-11 mm range (I dunno they're never in the set anymore), paint scraper, spatchula, Flat metal with a preferably sharper tip in the 2 inch wide neighborhood. (If the glue didn't break you're gunna have to glued plastic from glass) This means slow and steady. NO HAMMERS! Stock stuff might be heatable, dunno. I just worked it slow from both sides, both ends, I lost a sliver of glass when I got gready but it was covers in the glue. Slow and steady on pry off the glue. Total cost $25, oh and I sanded down the old glue, and used my new glue to glue some sandpaper to a piece of wood lying around so I had a nice sanding block for other stuff. (Also glued in my backlit gauges with the glue, and still haven't used 1/4 of it)