View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 11:11 AM   #17
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzyzzx View Post
For one thing you should probably not be doing the who WOT thing. It's like asking for trouble, especially on an engine that has lots of miles on it.

unless there is damage to the motor, low oil, or extremely poor maintenance then WOT doesn't hurt a thing...He didn't say he held it at WOT which could ultimately cause problems...I WOT my truck which has 303,000 on the motor and it doesn't hurt anything, in fact I tend to have more issues develop if I try to baby it then if I just run it...I can't speak for his area, but I have driven in plenty of places where if you are scared of WOT then you will never get anywhere...the fact is though all cars are mechanical and no matter how well you take care of mechanical objects, or how much you baby them, they all wear out at some point...I could see where you could see a problem with doing WOT after it had happened, however everything seemed fine, and sometimes the best way to diagnose a problem is to try and recreate circumstances
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote