View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 08:52 PM   #4
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
the gauge is really pore way to determine the coolant temp. example such as my truck runs solid at 188. the gauge shows 210. you have installed a thermostat and that alone can effect how hot your engine is. you really need to get your hands on a tool that will plug in to the DLC and see what the ecm is actually reading.

now when you drive, then shut your car off, all the heat builds up. your coolant temp will actually get higher because the coolant is no longer circulating and no longer being efficient at heat exchanging. which results in a hotter engine after shutting it off for a brief period.

now typically your engine will get hotter then your average hot temp before the thermostat opens. then should maintain a good temp thereafter.

now i do agree your gauge seems high, but wihtout knowing what the ecm is reading, it could be anyone's real guess.

IMO