View Single Post
Old 11-30-2023, 06:43 PM   #346
dbral
GX Member

dbral is on a distinguished road
Quote:
They weren't able/willing to replace the driver axle since it was stuck in the diff, suggested I just drive it for now.

Hmmm, well okay. That kinda sucks. Maybe they are just too busy to spend much time with it? Was looking at pics of Quaife diffs. Guessing yours is the Torsen style. If so, those are like little engineering marvels. There is a vid on youtube that explains how it works. lol it is hard for me to wrap my head around completely but i kinda get it and does makes sense that it would act like an open diff during Quaife's test steps. Pretty cool design. Have heard of these for years but never looked into them until now.

lol as maybe a last resort to remove that LH axle, it looks like some Quaife diffs have an open hole all the way through the carrier, (No pin needed because no spider gears needed maybe?) so if you remove the pass. side axle you may be able to drive/tap out the LH axle through that opening using a long brass drift possibly? Maybe have someone on the other side evenly prying out on the axle at the same time too? Should not require a lot of force though... Might want to talk to Quaife about that problem too.

What is the "dry-break" issue with the master cyls. they are finding?

Grrrr, the last "low mileage" f23 that i bought had a grinding / sometimes no shift into 4th. Hope you don't end up needing it, but if you do i hope it's okay

Last edited by dbral : 11-30-2023 at 06:45 PM.
dbral is offline   Reply With Quote