View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 01:13 AM   #24
zman246
GX Member

zman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond repute
I hate to be the bodyman nazi but I've got to give my 2 cents..

I'm sure you can still get replacements but theres a few things to remember- cheap aftermarket replacements rarely fit well. Sometimes they take pushing, cutting, and shaving to get on the car. Some people will charge you more to do that. The 2 shops I've worked for charge 2 to 3 grand per side to replace quarters and paint and that doesn't include any further rust repair. Sure you can get it done for cheaper (those cheap prices are probably just for welding in a patch) but just realize that you get what you pay for. That kind of repair isn't recommended and probably won't be warrantied so when you're having problems in a year you're just out of luck. The rust you can see is only the tip of the iceberg. When I took the ground effects off mine there was a ton of rust underneath that I couldn't see with them on. If you've got visible rust above the moldings then it might be seriously bad under those things. The salty water just sits under those things and f's your car up.

Not sayin don't do it, just know what you're getting into. And absolutely don't try to do it yourself :P

Good luck man
zman246 is offline   Reply With Quote