View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 01:36 PM   #7
Bahlzeron
GX Member

Bahlzeron is on a distinguished road
Little bit of headway, maybe even found the cause of the whole problem... I hope. After looking for vacuum leak ad nauseam, a few days ago (Sunday) I decided to replace the intake manifold gasket, it's $30 and easy to replace. While taking off the intake manifold, I found a pool of gas in it. After exercising a little bit of google-fu, I found the most likely suspect would be the fuel pressure regulator. Go outside, turn on key, hear the fuel pump turn on and start to build pressure.... and yup, fuel coming out of the regulator's vacuum line. New Delphi regulator got here today, gonna have to motor-vate myself to do it after work tomorrow mornin. I'm hopin this get's the Alero back on the road, I want my 5 spd back! Don't get me wrong I love the Bravada.. but it's kind of a lumbering beast compared to the Alero.

So, yeah, vacuum leak of sorts

Last edited by Bahlzeron : 04-04-2018 at 01:47 PM.
Bahlzeron is offline   Reply With Quote