View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 04:17 AM   #5
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Auto lights are disabled by taking out the sensor and jumping the terminals (+ and - wires) with a resistor. That automatically keeps the lights on manual until the sensor is put back in. I did it on my Camaro, best mod I ever did. I didn't mind it on the Grand Am because I could at least turn off the headlights and just run the parking lights.

Here's how you do it on a 1999. Found it on lightsout.org

Quote:
1999-2000 Pontiac Grand Am This I know for sure works on 99-00 model GAs. This makes for an alternative for the DRL kits that are no longer in production. There is hint that a fully Plug and Play version is underway which I would recommend if you want to return to stock easily. If you are brave enough to mess with the BCM wiring there here you go.

First do not remove any relays or fuses; however, I highly recommend that you unplug your negative battery terminal.. Don't want to risk popping fuses or pooching the Body Control Module (BCM).

The BCM is located on the passenger side under the dash. There isn't much space to work with so to get the most space I would recommend that you remove your glovebox as well as the under dash panels. The BCM looks like a black box about the size of a CD jewel case. It will have 3 connectors.. 1 pink and two gray.

No DRL
At the BCM, locate Connector C2 (center) On the "B" side row of pins, locate the dark blue wire (b4) Cut this wire, leaving as much as possible still attached to the BCM.

Now simply add on a piece of wire to the side that is still connected to the body control module. attach this wire to a good ground, like a screw in the metal part of the dash behind the glove box or I used the interior light mounting bracket screw right there next to the BCM.

The BCM now see's this to mean that the regular headlights are on, and so it energizes the relay that turns off the DRL's.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote