Old 05-26-2009, 10:41 PM   #19
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
eh im bored ill help out:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdgeofSanity View Post
When the car is cold, it accelerates fine. I suspect i need a new thermostat because the car always stays at or slightly above the 1/4 mark and rarely gets over the 1/2 mark. So, when the car gets close to the 1/2 mark, it begins accelerating terribly. After shifting into 2nd gear, the rpms go nuts where they increase, stay constant, increase, stay constant, ect. this all happens with the gas pedal held constant for any somewhat-quick acceleration. the car accelerates in a jerky manner and is feels as if its bogging down. I've been told it could be the following: bad TPS sensor, bad MAF sensor, clogged cat, or a bad torque convertor. any ideas?
you can throw IAT into the mix aswell, its really hit or miss with these sensors.

Quote:
when running, car emmits a higher-pitched metal grinding/chattering sound. I cannot figure out what it is but it sounds bad.

bad wheel hub/axle/cv joint or maybe something more simpler, maybe your wheel hub metal piece is rubbing against your rotor causing the annoying noise.

Quote:
coolant light comes on when car is cold and shuts off on its own. fluid level is correct and no loss of fluid is apparent

bad coolant level sensor/short in the wire, i would see if you can get the actual plug that goes to the sensor and replace the sensor itself and splice in a new connector to it.

Quote:
last winter I slid off the road into a ditch and a tow truck pulled me out. I remember him hooking the tow strap to a metal arm going from the center of the back of the car to the driver side back tire. i think this is a control arm? anyway, during a recent tire rotation, i noticed that the bar is completely collapsed and I am wondering if this is why the rear of my car has been difficult to handle in rainy/snowy conditions due to misalignment. what is this part and how do I replace it?

your trailing arm is probably bent and your rear wheels are not correctly positioned (one is more towards the front of the car then the other)

Quote:
car has a terrible creaking noise when I turn corners

this could be from your upper strut mounts, if they are shot it will only make the noise at very low speeds. (ex. backing out of your driveway or making a 3 point turn)

Quote:
my car is rusting. badly. its on the inside bottom of all my doors and around inside trim of my hood and trunk. why is it doing this and how can i stop it?

this is caused from shitty car washes, when you wash your car you should be cleaning inside your door jams and not letting that water sit in there because it will rust away at the car, the only thing you can do is spray it with 415 and this will stop the rust in its tracks and prevent it from getting worse

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote