View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 12:04 AM   #31
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman246 View Post
Well I said mint because he said he was getting the quarter panels fixed but (no offense to the original poster) if he can't afford paint then he definitely can't afford to fix the quarters.

I just can't see this stuff staying on the car for as long as you want it to. Every month I have to repaint something that some jackass didn't take the time to prep properly. The paint starts peeling off in spots and it looks awful. And thats paint. Its meant to stick to cars. This plastidip stuff isn't even intended for cars, much less the leading edge of a car going 70 mph hitting bugs. I hope this works out for you man but personally I'd worry about it.

it isn't like he is expecting it to be permanent...i don't know if it was in this thread or the other one but it was a temporary thing until he could get the money to paint it properly...unlike paint where you have to sand everything, when you are ready for this to go away you just have to peel it off...there are people doing newer bmws the same way, as referenced in some of the stuff that has been posted it lasts anywhere from 6 months to a year before it needs to be messed with
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote